Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spurs in talks over £15 million move for England international

Tottenham are in talks with Middlesbrough about a possible £15 million move for Stewart Downing. The England international has been linked with a move to Spurs for what seems like decades now, however Boro boss Gareth Southgate has always insisted "I don't have to sell, unless I want to buy."

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is keen to strengthen during the January transfer window, with Downing understood to be his number-one target. The 24-year old is widely renowned as the best left-sided midfielder in the country (only because England have no other left-wingers) and has over 20 caps for the national side.

I have never been Downing's biggest fan, in fact I am probably one of his biggest critic. If Spurs were to splash £15 million on Downing, quite frankly, I think they would be wasting their money. I know a lot of Spurs fans who would most definitley disapprove of Downing arriving at White Hart Lane in January because he is just wouldn't improve the side in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment