Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What are Manchester City playing at?

Ask any Manchester City fan who has been the club's player of the season and they'll all say Stephen Ireland.

The (former) Republic of Ireland international has been in outstading form all season, earning recognition from the PFA who nominated him for the Young Player of the Year award back in April. Why he didn't actually win the award was beyond me, but it certainly hasn't upset his form in any way.

Ireland, 22, has been in the form of his life this campaign, scoring 13 goals in all competitions for Mark Hughes' men, however the City playmaker has today revealed the world's richest club have yet to make him an acceptable contract offer.

"We're nowhere with the contract ... I don't know if I'm going to sign or not. The club haven't really made an offer yet. If they make one great - if not, I have got two years left."

Being a City fan myself, I was shocked to see Ireland's comments today. There is no doubting his importance to the side and I feel it's vital we tie him down to a long-term deal if we are to progress and become one of the biggest club's in the world. I am sure the majority of you will agree that Ireland deserves to be rewarded for his sensational form of late.

Seriously Ciy, give the guy whatever he wants because he deserves it. What do you think? Comments below please.

No comments:

Post a Comment